[RDD] Manually fire missed RDCatch download events?

Frederick Henderson frederickjh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 17:03:30 EST 2010

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:12:59 +0100, <ltyndale at cogeco.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Something I just came across.
>
> I've got an event set up in RDCatch to auto-download a show from the
> internet each day at 10:15 am.  Unfortunately that
> machine got turned off and didn't download the content.
>
> When I rebooted, I found the event just seems to have been ignored, a
> download did not start.  And that got me thinking
> - is there a way to manually start a download event that RDCatch might
> have missed for some reason?  Even if it misses
> the scheduled "start time", in this type of situation - if the
> difficulty gets found before something needs to go to
> air, it would be helpful to be able to start the event.  I've looked in
> the wiki and docs, I can't seem to find this
> type of thing (although I may have overlooked something)

Hi Lorne Tyndale!

Go in to RDCatch, open the event, check *Make OneShot*, set the time to a
time in the near future, click *Save As New*, click OK
This will make a new event that will run then disappear after running.

This could make this process easier by adding another tick box next to
Make OneShot in the Edit Event Dialogs in RDCatch. It could be called
something like *Run As Soon As Possible/After Saved/After I Click OK*. If
the Make OneShot box is also check the event would just disappear, however
if it is not check the event would run, the box would get unticked and the
event would run on the normal schedule.

With something like this in place, all one would need to do to open the
event, tick the *Run As Soon As Possible/After Saved/After I Click Ok* box
and click OK. This would also be handy for those time you are testing new
events out and do not want to have to keep setting the time forward. You
can just tick this box each time you come in and make your adjustments.

Greetings,

Frederick