[RDD] Any one seen an Asterisk module for talk show call in?

Danny danny at aercomm.net
Mon Nov 8 14:42:21 EST 2010

Bill,

I'm actually in the process of developing just such a system. It's
sitting on the back burner right now, as some family issues have taken
priority.

The actual hybrid functionality is being done with the Asterisk JACK
application. You'll want to run JACK at 8khz, as the rate conversion
code in app_jack.o is quirky. By quirky, I mean that if you don't run
JACK at 8khz, JACK will crash upon attempting to transfer a call to
app_jack. At least that was the case with the version that I was last
working with. It's been a few months since I touched it.

What I'm building is a web-based interface to it all, interfaces for the
call screener, on-air talent, etc... It's designed from the ground up to
handle multiple studios and multiple call-in numbers, where any number
can be routed to any studio. Call screening can be done with a laptop on
a WIFI connection in the next room using a soft phone or even by someone
a thousand miles away, so long as they have an internet connection and a
phone line.

I figure if nothing else, there would be an interest in it among the
LPFM, podcast and internet radio station crown. Though, my goal is for
it to be of sufficient quality to market to "real" radio stations.

-Danny