[RDD] Production machine

Frederick Henderson frederickjh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 17:40:31 EDT 2010

Hi Seth!

This is easy to answer. Rivendell stores the audio imported in /var/snd
you can share this across the network with other Rivendell hosts using nfs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_File_System_(protocol)

Rivendell stores the information about the files, logs, etc. in a MySQL
database. For this you need to setup MySQL to be able to be accessed by
the new host(s).

On the new host you will need to change the setting for the MySQL host to
the first machine with your database on it. You will also need to mount
the network share of /var/snd on the first machine at /var/snd on the
second machine.

See these wiki pages for more info on how this all works.

http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/Remote_Client_Access

http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_dedicated_Rivendell_MySQL_and_audio_store_server

There is also this page about setting up nfs

http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/NFS_Server_and_Client_Configuration

Greetings,

Frederick