[RDD] Using a 2nd Hard-Drive and Changing Groups Questions.

VE4PER / Andy ve4per at aim.com
Fri Jul 23 11:26:42 EDT 2010

Based on what I have experienced with these installs, I would partition
the main, what you refer to as the home drive so that the actual /home
mount is on it's own partition and then with the instructions of
everyone here move the music to the second dedicated music drive. That
way when upgrades etc to OS comes out
you won't likely lose the music or data files during the upgrade process.

Keep a sql dump of the RD database on the home drive as well just before
you do any OS upgrade. That way
if RD isn't in the repositories by that time and upgraded with the OS,
you can restore huge data amounts easily and then just point a new
install of RD to the preserved data and music locations saving a bunch
of time.

Something else you might want to keep in mind when installing multi
boots, windows goes on 1st then openSUSE, the ubuntu last. If you do
openSUSE last the boot loader apparently will not show the ubuntu
installation, whereas doing ubuntu last includes all systems right off
the hop.