[RDD] Creating an RSS Feed

Frederick Henderson frederickjh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 10:55:08 EDT 2010

See /usr/share/doc/rivendell/PODCASTING.txt.gz

The basics are:

1) You set up feeds in RDAdmin>Manage Feeds
2) Schedule audio post via post upload events in RDCatch
3) Manage the metadata via RDCastManager

The file goes into further details.

There is also a wiki page with a bit of help on podcasting here.

http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/index.php/Podcasting_crash_course

The direction above have you setup the Rivendell service on the machine on
the web. I have always wondered if it might be easier or for those that
cannot do this to schedule a RDCatch upload of the xml file to the
webserver after each post upload in RDCatch to update the feed. See the
wiki page for what the xml feed file name will be.

I hope this helps!

Frederick

Rivendell has an irc channel for help, question and discussion too.
#rivendell on irc.freenode.net