[RDD] Problem in RdAirPlay trying to play cuts without their WAV...

VE4PER / Andy ve4per at aim.com
Tue Jul 20 13:11:16 EDT 2010

There is a broadcast format wav file and a more generally used standard
wav format that I have come across.

For what it is worth I recall similar problems with imported files not
working as well. It was posted here, but it was a while back.

When using rdimport to import a batch of wavs & mp3's into /var/snd
the wavs went in Ok but the mp3's also ripped from CD's locally, did not
import useably.

  As stated here they showed up and if selected fron an external player
like banshee or audacity they were fine, however RD would show cart info
in log and start play functions normally, including timing down, but no
sound was audible. It also was not audible if the play button was used
when adding the cart to the log to test it before adding it to the log.
Happened on both Ubuntu and openSUSE Rd boxes.