[RDD] @libexecdir@ not expanding correctly in rivendell.spec.in

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Tue Jul 20 10:17:50 EDT 2010

On Sunday 18 July 2010 01:19:20 pm Antonio Cardoso Martins wrote:
> When you execute ./configure, whithout specifying --libexecdir option,
> rivendell.spec.in is read resulting in a rivendell.spec file with
> ${exec_prefix}/libexec instead of the default /srv/www/rd-bin.

That's because there is no 'default' value for @libexec@ in Automake, nor
would we want one as the correct value tends to vary by distro.

For OpenSuSE, the correct 'configure' invocation for building RPMs would be:

	./configure --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/srv/www/rd-bin

|  No woman can endure a gambling husband, unless he is a steady winner.  |
|                                        -- Lord Thomas Dewar             |