[RDD] off topic

VE4ER / Andy ve4per at aim.com
Fri Jul 9 11:51:48 EDT 2010

Just as a further note with some research I have found that Open Office
Base is pretty close to same functionality as Access
and is useable both on Window$ and Linux. It just hasn't yet been quite
as automated in a user friendly GUI for some aspects.

You might want to do the import and build your master with a macro that
backs it up but also work towards migrating to Open Office Base. No
charge for Open Source.

I haven't finished configuring my home net the way I want it yet so
haven't installed a full working Rivendell but had put out a request if
anyone had an old mysql RD Log and traffic database I could use to
experiment with to see if OOO couldn't be used as well as a base Linux
package to enhance querying and reporting from the RD mysql DB. That way
the basic common working package that serves Rd well would be maintained
and allow individual users/stations to tailor and analyze data in their
own way and still maintain the open source advantages offered by OOO.

For what it is worth.

Cheers
Andy