[RDD] Older AudioScience Card Recommendations/Caveats

Seth Stevenson programdirector at mountaingospel.org
Tue Dec 28 10:41:28 EST 2010

Hi Michael,

Just a couple of tips from my woes at trying to install a 4344 card. I
worked many hours with Frederick Henderson, to try to get this card to
work on RRAbuntu. We never did get it to work. Maybe it is possible, but
no one on the list had any answers as how to do it, so I don' t think
that is a good option. Of course ASI does not support the 4344 card
either, so I don't think that helps. I was able to get it to work on the
Suse 11.2 distro by Tim Camp. Search the list for info about his distro.
The major problem here was that it is using a higher hpi that the one
that worked with the 4344. We finally had to uninstall the 4.0? driver
that was on Tim's distro and install the 3.08.06 hpi driver. That worked
with particular card and distro. Whether you use Tim's cd or not,
probably Suse is going to be your best bet for one of these older cards.
I will have to look, but I think we had to use the patches as well, but
maybe that was when we were still working on the RRUbuntu. Hope this helps!

Seth Stevenson
WMTC RADIO