[RDD] Rdfeed.xml won't parse

Frederick Henderson frederickjh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 02:59:04 EST 2010

On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 06:38:37 +0100, G Wood <GLW717 at avnetmedia.net> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> After I install and configure Rdadmin for the xml feed, when I go to
> rd-bin
> and look at the rdfeed.xml it appears to be a binary format, not an xml
> file. I have two machines both the same. Message says it wont' parse in a
> browser.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gary

Hi Gary!

 From the list archives. Maybe this will help.

http://groups.google.com/group/rivendell-dev/browse_thread/thread/7385fb59398d310f/83e7ab2b50f02cd1?lnk=gst&q=xml+sherrod#83e7ab2b50f02cd1

From: Fred Gleason <fr... at paravelsystems.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:35:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [RDD] Buncha Questions
Forward | Print | Individual message | Show original | Report this message
On Wednesday 20 February 2008 05:00:57 am David E Smith wrote:

> However, nothing except the mp3's ever get uploaded to thewebserver.
> Where are those RSS feeds and XML files?

There are no 'XML files'.  However, we trick the end-users into thinking
there
are by having Apache generate them on-the-fly when requested.  To set it up
using the RPMs, just install the 'rivendell' and 'rivendell-web' packages
on
the web server, set up the database connection in '/etc/rd.conf' and enable
the 'apache2' service.  (No need to run the 'rivendell' service on the web
server).

The feeds can then be accessed with a URL like this:

          http://yourserver.example.com/rd-bin/rdfeed.xml?MyFeedName

If you want to see this in action, try:

          http://feeds.radioamerica.org/rd-bin/rdfeed.xml?MRP

|    The real problem with hunting elephants is carrying the decoys.      |
|                                             -- Anonymous                |

Greetings,

Frederick Henderson

--
Frederick Henderson

Take the pledge!
http://www.emailetiquettepledge.com/take-the-pledge

This email sent from Opera's revolutionary e-mail client,
http://www.opera.com/mail/
and typed on the Dvorak keyboard. http://dvzine.org

Want to learn a new language the way you learned your first?
Try LingQ for free!   ==>       http://www.lingq.com/?referral=frederickjh