[RDD] Suggestion for RML command

Danny danny at aercomm.net
Wed Aug 25 20:45:03 EDT 2010

What I'm looking to do is switch between physical inputs of the sound
card as well as local jack ports being fed by either rdairplay or
perhaps rdcatchd. The physical inputs would be feeds from two studios.
The idea being that, with the call of macro cart, either studio's live
feed or output from a local instance of caed (through jack) could be put
on air.

The problem I'm running into more than anything is the lack of
documentation and support for jack. My current brick wall is the fact
that jack's configure file is not agreeing that all the components are
present for building jack with alsa support on the Ubuntu 8.10 machine.
Thing is, the same release of jack configures just fine on my personal
workstation (Ubuntu 9.10) and it has no more or no less "asound"
packages installed.

The topic of needing to be a Linux guru to setup RD has been a hot item
recently. I don't mind a little file editing, compiling, tweaking,
etc... I'm a bit of a Linux h at x0r myself, so I'm used to that. But, the
lack of docs for jack and inconsistency....it's starts to get to me at
times.

-Danny