[RDD] Suggestion for RML command

Geoff Barkman countryradio at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 19:52:56 EDT 2010

My set up is a bit different from yours... I run Ubuntu 10.04 and Alsa.
But I use a command line mixer called Aumix that you can send commands
to to mute / unmute Audio imputs.

I made 2 shell scripts that runs with crontab.

openinput.sh
#!/bin/bash

# Line input 0 = mute, Line input = 80 80% volume
aumix -l89

closeinput.sh
#!/bin/bash

# Line input 0 = mute, Line input = 80 80% volume

aumix -l0

Open input opens the line input channel to 89%
Close input closes the line input channel.
Perhaps you get Rivendell to trigger the shell commands?

I hope this is some help to you.
Cheers
Geoff Barkman