[RDD] Fwd: Re: Online Documentation Improvement

Frederick Henderson frederickjh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 15:22:39 EDT 2010

I think that you are all missing the point that Fred was trying to make.

Not that the DVD would provide a some how closed appliance. He said it was
and would remain free as beer.

The point of the *appliance* discussion was that you should not treat
Rivendell as just another program to run on your computer.

You should better build an appliance that the Rivendell program is part
of.  Think about Appliances most have a define purpose that they do well.
Take a toaster it toasts bread well but it does not make coffee well.

A Rivendell *appliance* is a fine tune OS than allows the Rivendell
programs to do Broadcast Radio Automation well.

Greetings,

Frederick