[RDD] var/snd backup

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Fri Aug 13 09:09:20 EDT 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010, Tim Camp wrote:

> then if I read this right I can add to the command
> rsync --archive --delete /var/sndm/ /var/snd/
> and have rsyne delete files in the backup if they no longer exist in the
> main store.

It'll delete from /var/snd anything that's not in /var/sndm.

Presumably, /var/sndm is being used as /var/snd by rdairplay on another
machine?

I have not tried this on an NFS server yet, but I've used rsync to back up
files from /var/snd on a local hard drive that was on the air, and found
that it caused audible dropouts.

Rob