[RDD] cpu load vs horsepower requirements

Chris Cmolik clc5688 at rit.edu
Mon Aug 9 14:34:29 EDT 2010

Streaming is best done on another machine. We've used icecast and darkice
with alsa on an older pIV box and never go above 40 percent, even with 700
streamers. And that's with postfix, Apache for our intranet, syslog for all
of our axia livewire gear, and MySQL carrying a lookup database for our
(lol) vinyl collection.
Of course there's no GUI on it.

--Chris Cmolik
IT director, WITR radio.