[RDD] Feature Request: Independent CD ripper

Emery Hemingway emery at werenotkillers.com
Sat Sep 26 00:31:09 EDT 2009

On Friday 25 September 2009 04:25:27 Birkett, Christopher wrote:
> Also, on a vaguely-related note, does anyone know if it is
> possible/sensible to rip to Rivendell from two hosts simultaneously?  Does
> 'Set All New Carts' "reserve" the cart numbers that new tracks are expected
> to rip to, or would the two hosts keep battling for cart numbers, possibly
> resulting in cuts from the two discs in each cart created, if that makes
> sense?

I've done some messing around with two machines and that sort of thing seems
pretty well taken care of. It's like when you hit add cart, the cart number
is in use, but isn't permanent until you hit Ok.

The reason I brought this ripping thing up is I've been importing sound effect
CDs and if i have a cd wth 20 tracks of the same effect, I have to either
create a cart with 20 cuts beforehand, or create the cuts on a another
machine as I go along. Ideally it'd been nice to have a 'Create New Cut'
button next to 'Create New Cart', but if the library could be manipulated
while ripping, that be fine.

> If we had to use an external ripper, the job would no doubt be left to us,
> the techies.
I think quite a few of us are in the same boat.