[RDD] Easy Manual Recording

Emery Hemingway emery at werenotkillers.com
Sun Apr 19 15:21:39 EDT 2009

I engineer a station that runs on a pretty lose schedule with the DJs that
have little or no intention of becoming familiar with or computer system. We
would like to record all of our shows I think that only way I can get people
to do that is with a button on the rdairplay soundpanel. I tried a button
with a macro cart that manualy started a rdcatch record deck. The levels show
fine on the rdcatch deck monitor but regardless of the input volume the
recordings end up too loud to be anything but garbage. However if I do a
timed recording they sound fine. I cannot do timed recordings because we have
shows that can start up to an hour late, so I think my option is to use GPIO
events to trigger recardings

So my question is, does anyone have suggestions on cheap GPIO control
surfaces? Or can I have a virtual GPIO that starts and stops a record deck?