[RDD] Compiling on Ubuntu Jaunty

Gareth Lapworth gareth.lapworth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:31:45 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I posted this to the list yesterday, but it didn't seem to get
through, so I am reposting here just in case anyone else may find this
useful.

--

There seems to be a problem with the compilation of gpio in the latest
(albeit beta) release of Ubuntu.  This seems to be isolated to the

Originally it was
dLockname=open(sLockname,O_WRONLY|O_EXCL|O_CREAT|S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR);

However I have changed it to:
dLockname=open(sLockname,O_WRONLY|O_EXCL|O_CREAT|S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR,0666);

I don't have write access to the CVS so I am hoping this might be of
help to others.  I'm not entirely sure these are the correct
permissions for the file, but it seems to work here (so far!).

--
Since posting this, it turns out there are similar problems with the
other Rivendell packages which I haven't had chance to look at yet,

All the best,
Gareth Lapworth

--

Samuel Goldwyn  - "A wide screen just makes a bad film twice as
bad." - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/samuel_goldwyn.html