[RDD] Search speed and cart limit

Birkett, Christopher christopher.birkett07 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 16 04:22:55 EDT 2009

From: rivendell-dev-bounces at lists.rivendellaudio.org [mailto:rivendell-dev-bounces at lists.rivendellaudio.org] On Behalf Of Ben Yu
Sent: 16 April 2009 01:40

> We have about 30K songs in our library at the moment and this is only a fraction of our collection.
> Unfortunately it takes significant time to search through them in RDairplay. Is there a way we can have
> RDairplay wait for the DJ to stop typing before it attempts to search?

We're also in this position, having to wait a couple of seconds after each of the initial characters of the search string is entered before proceeding with the next.  I'd also like to know if RDAirPlay could wait for the DJ to stop typing before it searches, or if some kind of text buffer could be implemented?

Cheers,

Chris Birkett
IC Radio