[RDD] Password

Alan Walters awegroup at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 12 11:08:45 EDT 2009

The RAID array is defined in FIRMWARE seperate from the BIOS.
Long before any Operating System gets anywhere near the machine.
It does NOT rely on the OS in ANY way.
It's like hardware Raid, but uses the system processor for the processing
power, as opposed to a dedicated processor just for the Raid.
The OS was loaded on a totally seperate drive, which was not even part of
the raid, it was an IDE drive.
Windows finds its own driver and then sees the array, Linux does not.

Anyway, I have discovered that SLES Ent Server 10.0 Sp1, is listed as a
supported OS by INTEL, so I'm gonna try that.
I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks to everyone for thier comments.

Alan