[RDD] Audio cards

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Fri Apr 10 12:47:10 EDT 2009

On Friday 10 April 2009 12:31:21 pm Michael Barnes wrote:
> By using combinations of alsa and jack and the hpi drivers, shouldn't
> Rivendell be able to accommodate such a combination?  I know I have used
> AudioScience cards and the on-board sound with RD playing around in the
> past.  It seems to me pretty much any combination of sound cards should
> work.
>
> Am I right?

Correct.  I've actually done test setups where I've had an ASI card on one
output of the Master Log in RDAirPlay, and an ALSA card on the other.  The
system will happily segue back and forth between them.

|                     Nothing can be done in one trip.                    |
|                                           -- Snider                     |