[RDD] Hot Keys In Rivendell

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Tue Apr 7 14:26:46 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009 10:31:50 am Todd Baker wrote:
> There has been a request to update the current Rivendell software to
> provide a HOT KEY Configuration capability.

I think the first question to be addressed is:  how configurable does this
need to be?  We haven't really had 'hot key' functionality in RD to date (if
you don't count the "space bar starts next event" option for RDAirPlay), so
perhaps it may be possible to come up with a single key binding that could
make everyone happy.  While the "let everything do anything" approach is
laudable, it's *not* simple to implement and (as Dan pointed out) can have
dire implications for system stability if not very carefully thought out.

|   Some people call them "cars" or "trucks"; I call them "dimensional    |
|   transmogrifiers" because they change three-dimensional cats into      |
|   two-dimensional ones.                                                 |
|                                         -- F. Frederick Skitty          |