[RDD] Hot Keys In Rivendell

Michael mbarnes at srnradio.com
Tue Apr 7 11:27:49 EDT 2009

As I have suggested several times in the past, I really feel these
"add-ons" or special features would be better handled as plug-ins.  Keep
the basic RD basic with the normal functionality that one would expect
almost all users would need.  Then have the "fluff", like hot-keys,
importers, RSS feeds, cappuccino maker, etc. as plug-ins that may be
incorporated as desired.  This method has been very successful with
applications like Firefox.  With proper documentation, (well, at least
some documentation anyway) third party developers can make easily
implemented accessories to RD.

My $.0002

Michael