[RDD] Where do I find info about changes/fixes between Rivendell Release candidate releases

Dan Mills dmills at exponent.myzen.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 18:18:47 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 09:57 +1200, Geoff Barkman wrote:
> Hi there
> I'm running RD 1.01 and Mysql on my suse 10.0 box and connecting to it
> from an Ubuntu 8.04 box version RD 1.01 rc1 (that's the latest version
> available via apt-get/synaptic). I'm having issues with rdimport from
> the Ubuntu box.

Five gets you four that  the actual problem is that the sox codecs are
not installed (they ship as a separate package on ubuntu), or that some
other codec is missing. Try installing the package libsox-fmt-all and
see if that helps.

> Was the rdimport fault one of the issues that were fixed between RD
> release versions? Is there a changelog somewhere that I can find out
> what has changed between versions?

There is indeed a changelog, but I don't know where it ends up in the
distribution package, RC1 -> 1.0.1 reads as follows:

2008-04-25 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Reverted the bugfix for Mantis bug #202, which broke proper
	segue timing when timescaling was active.
2008-05-07 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdadmin/createdb.cpp' that caused database
	corruption when creating/updating a database on MySQL 4.x.
2008-05-08 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'lib/rdplay_deck.cpp' that was causing the end of
	audio events to be truncated when played with timescaling applied
	and a non-zero Start Marker.
	* Corrected the timescaling limit values in 'lib/rd.h' and
	'rdhpi/rdplaystream.h' to reflect actual limits enforced by the
	HPI driver.
2008-05-12 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Changed the semantics of the 'Play' ['PY'] command in
	'docs/cae.sxw' to specify the 'speed' parameter in thousandths of
	a percent rather than tenths of a percent.
	* Added an 'RD_TIMESCALE_DIVISOR' define 'lib/rd.h'.
	* Updated 'rdhpi/rdplaystream.cpp' to use 'RD_TIMESCALE_DIVISOR'.
	* Updated 'lib/rdplay_deck.cpp' to use 'RD_TIMESCALE_DIVISOR'.
	* Updated 'lib/rdedit_audio.cpp' to use 'RD_TIMESCALE_DIVISOR'.
	* Updated 'lib/rdsimpleplayer.cpp' to use 'RD_TIMESCALE_DIVISOR'.
	* Updated 'rdlibrary/record_cut.cpp' to use 'RD_TIMESCALE_DIVISOR'.
	* Updated 'rdcatch/rdcatch.cpp' to use 'RD_TIMESCALE_DIVISOR'.
	* Updated 'rdcatchd/rdcatchd.cpp' to use 'RD_TIMESCALE_DIVISOR'.
2008-05-12 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Updated 'docs/NOW&NEXT.txt'.
2008-05-12 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Applied a patch from 'pota' that removed the ability to specify
	a Forced Length for macro carts [Mantis bug #251].
2008-05-12 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Updated 'cae/cae_alsa.cpp' to use 'RD_TIMESCALE_DIVISOR'.
	* Updated 'cae/cae_jack.cpp' to use 'RD_TIMESCALE_DIVISOR'.
2008-06-13 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Added an 'RDChunk' utility in 'utils/rdchunk/'.
	* Added an RDWaveFile::Ambos file type in 'lib/rdwavefile.h' and
	'lib/rdwavefile.cpp'.
2008-06-24 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Added code to 'utils/rddbcheck/rddbcheck.cpp' to check for and
	delete orphaned tables in the database.
	* Relocated code to create *_STACK tables from
	'rdlogmanager/generate_log.cpp' to 'lib/rdcreate_log.cpp'.
2008-06-26 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdcastmanager/list_casts.cpp' that was failing
	to clean up temporary files after posting audio from a file.
2008-07-07 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Updated the 'NEWS' file.
	* Incremented the package version to 1.0.0rc2.
2008-07-15 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'lib/rdescape_string.cpp' and
	'lib/rdsound_panel.cpp' that caused corruption of sound panel
	button assignments when backslash characters were used in button
	labels.
2008-07-18 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Added a Rivendell import filter in
	'importers/rivendell_filter.cpp'.
2008-07-18 Stefan Gabriel <stg at st-gabriel.de>
 	* Moved code to create *_STACK tables brach to
	'rdlogmanager/generate_log.cpp'.
 	Note: Stack Tables are not linked to Logs, but to Services; they
	are the schedulers history of selected carts.
 	* Fixed a bug with waveform cursor and samplerate conversion in
 	cae/cae_hpi.cpp, cae/cae_alsa.cpp, cae/cae_jack.cpp and
 	lib/rdedit_audio.cpp
 	* Fixed a bug in lib/rdsimpleplayer.cpp; simpleplayer played on
	more then one port under some conditions
 	* Fixed a bug in rdlogedit/voice_tracker.cpp: added missing
	destructors for wavepainters wpg[i]
 	* Fixed a bug in rdlibrary/edit_cart.cpp that caused a segfault
	when editing more than one cart.
2008-07-21 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Modified 'lib/rdwavedata.cpp', 'lib/rdwavefile.cpp' and
	'lib/rd_cut.cpp' to handle metadata that specifies start and
	position of End, Segue and Talk marker data.
2008-07-21 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Added '*.qm' to the 'CLEANFILES=' rule in 'rdhpi/Makefile.am'.
2008-07-22 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'get_distro.sh' to was failing to detect SuSE 9.2
	properly.
2008-07-22 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Updated the 'NEWS' file.
	* Incremented the package version 1.0.0rc3.
2008-07-22 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'lib/rdcut.cpp' that caused imported cuts to be
	assigned an incorrect start and end date.
2008-07-22 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Updated the 'NEWS' file.
	* Incremented the package version to 1.0.0rc4.
2008-07-25 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'lib/rdcmd_switch.cpp' that broke the build with
	gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'lib/rdlivewire.cpp' that broke the build with
	gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdadmin/edit_user.h' that broke the build with
	gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdadmin/edit_group.h' that broke the build with
	gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdadmin/edit_svc.h' that broke the build with
	gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdadmin/edit_schedcodes.h' that broke the build with
	gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdadmin/list_feeds.cpp' that broke the build with
	gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdadmin/edit_feed.h' that broke the build with
	gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdadmin/ripcd/local_macros.cpp' that broke the
	build with gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdlogin/rdlogin.cpp' that broke the build with
	gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdlogmanager/rdlogmanager.cpp' that broke the
	build with gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdlogmanager/generate_log.cpp' that broke the
	build with gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'utils/rdgpimon/rdgpimon.cpp' that broke the
	build with gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'utils/rdfilewrite/rdfilewrite.cpp' that broke the
	build with gcc-4.3.1.
	* Fixed a bug in 'utils/rdsoftkeys/rdsoftkeys.cpp' that broke the
	build with gcc-4.3.1.
2008-07-31 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Added an 'RD_MAX_YEAR' parameter in 'lib/rd.h'.
	* Fixed a bug in 'lib/rdwavefile.cpp' where reading a Cart Chunk
	structure containing a date with a year later than 8000 AD would
	result in an invalid date.
2008-07-31 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdcatchd/rdcatchd.cpp' where importing audio
	into an existing cut would fail properly to clear the old cut
	data.
2008-08-04 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'lib/rdsvc.cpp' that caused log schedule records
	whose title contained a quotation mark to fail to import properly.
	* Modified 'rdadmin/edit_svc.cpp' to allow the length of the
	'title' field of log import files to be up to 255 characters
	long.
2008-08-04 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Modified 'lib/rdcart.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdcut.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdairplay_conf.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rddeck.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rddropbox.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdevent.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdevent_line.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdgroup.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdlibrary_conf.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdlog.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdlogedit_conf.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdmatrix.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdrecording.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdreport.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdstation.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdtty.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rduser.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdconf.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'lib/rdcatch_conf.cpp' to allow use of string values
	containing special characters.
	* Modified 'rdlibrary/edit_cart.cpp' to allow use of special
	characters in cart metadata.
	* Modified 'rdlibrary/record_cut.cpp' to allow use of special
	characters in cart metadata.
	* Modified 'rdairplay/log_traffic.cpp' to allow use of special
	characters in cart metadata.
	* Modified 'rdlogmanager/edit_event.cpp' to allow use of special
	characters in library search strings.
	* Modified 'rdlogmanager/edit_clock.cpp' to allow use of special
	characters in library search strings.
2008-08-05 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Applied a patch by Stefan Gabriel <stg at st-gabriel.de> that fixed
	problems with importing files with names containing UTF-8 encoded
	characters.
2008-08-08 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Updated the 'NEWS' file.
	* Incremented the package version to 1.0.0rc5.
2008-08-18 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdlibrary/cdripper.cpp' and
	'rdlibrary/disk_ripper.cpp' that caused ripped cuts to show
	incorrect lengths.
2008-08-18 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'cae/cae.cpp' that broke the build when compiling
	without JACK support.
2008-08-18 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'rivendell' that caused a syntax error on Slackware.
	* Updated 'make_slack.in'.
2008-08-18 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Fixed a bug in 'lib/rdescape_string.cpp' that handled spaces
	incorrectly.
	* Fixed a bug in 'rdadmin/edit_station.cpp' that incorrectly
	escaped characters for the 'Editor Path' value.
2008-08-19 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Reverted a fix in 'lib/rdescape_string.cpp' that handled spaces
	incorrectly.
2008-08-19 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Updated the 'NEWS' file.
	* Updated the package version to 1.0.0rc6.
2008-08-25 Fred Gleason <fredg at paravelsystems.com>
	* Updated the 'NEWS' file.
	* Incremented the package version to 1.0.1.