[RDD] automated music scheduling

Marcos Romero mromero at hcjb.org
Sun Sep 7 23:26:55 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: rivendell-dev-bounces at techweb.rfa.org on behalf of Emery Hemingway
Sent: Sun 9/7/2008 4:35 PM
To: rivendell-dev at techweb.rfa.org
Subject: [RDD] automated music scheduling

I am having a problem with log manager, my station plays music the majority
of the time so I built a grid of clocks that play 3 minute events that
select from the group MUSIC.

Are you using a music scheduler.  If not, you should not check Music in your Music Event.  You will have to use the scheduler that comes with Rivendell.  You have to define your scheduler codes in Admin and give the proper code to each song,  and then in the music event (some of us have Current, Recurrent, Gold, etc.)  just chose the group you want the music come from.  In the clock you have to put as much music events it requires to fill the musical segment.  Remember to use a conservative overage time for each musical segment, you want more songs than your clock needs.  If you need further help, I will be glad to help you.  You can call me 1866 387 3100 after 10 A.M. Arizona time.

marcos e.

I followed the instructions on the wiki as best
I could, but when I construct logs I get one song per hour and if I put in
an ID I still get an ID and one song. If I make two different but
effectively identical events and alternate them I still get one song per
hour. Here is some rdlogmanager output...

Database connection failed: insert into KRIC_STACK set
SCHED_STACK_ID=1,CART=10746,ARTIST="pixies",SCHED_CODES=""
Database connection restored.
Database connection failed: SELECT SCHED_STACK_ID from KRIC_STACK order by
SCHED_STACK_ID
Database connection restored.
Database connection failed: insert into KRIC_STACK set
SCHED_STACK_ID=1,CART=10753,ARTIST="titopuente",SCHED_CODES=""
Database connection restored.
Database connection failed: SELECT SCHED_STACK_ID from KRIC_STACK order by
SCHED_STACK_ID
Database connection restored.
Database connection failed: insert into KRIC_STACK set
SCHED_STACK_ID=1,CART=10658,ARTIST="cypresshill",SCHED_CODES=""
Database connection restored.

and it goes on for every song that it would play near as I can tell.

Thanks
Emery