[RDD] Records dropping audio

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Fri Sep 5 08:00:13 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 05:57:21PM -0500, Michael wrote:
> I'm running Rivendell 0.9.84 on a 3G Pentium IV with 1 gig of RAM.  I'm
> using a Delta 1010LT audio card.  I'm running five simultaneous records,
> each about half an hour.  Several random times in almost every segment,
> I'll lose a little audio, usually only two or three words, sometimes a
> bit more.

You don't say what brand (if any) of box this is.

I run the network, these days, for a telemarketing company (but don't
tell my mom; she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse :-), and our
software guy decidedly dislikes Dell's for high load situations like ours
(and, presumably, yours) because they're prone to that sort of stunt.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)