[RDD] Audio loading/playing/metering

Robert Orr orrrobert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 15:37:50 EDT 2008

Hi,
I decided to do a lag test here.
I simply set a start marker in the middle of a song (so audio will
definitely be present as soon as I click)
Then I set up my recorder with a mic to hear the mouse release-click
and the audio from rivendell.
Finally I load up a log with three or four copies of that song and
click-wait-release through each of the start buttons.

Look at the waveform of the recording shows 130ish milliseconds
between mouse release and audio happening.
That's instant enough for my uses but sounds like it might not be for Gavin's.

system details- 3 year old dell with 512mb delta 1010lt local audio
running jack recording in ardour2.

Hope that helps,
Robert Orr
CFAQ