[RDD] Upgrade Questions

Michael mbarnes at srnradio.com
Fri Nov 14 10:34:17 EST 2008

Actually, it is quite universal, really doesn't take all that long, and
works about 95% of the time.

The famous "five step plan" works most of the time.
1. tar xzvf <tarball>
2. cd <tarball directory created above>
3. ./configure
4. make
5. make install

There may be times you have to edit the configure file if you have weird
paths to things and you may run into dependency issues, but that's the
facts of life with Linux and Open Source.

Michael