[RDD] Attempting manual data entry

Sherrod Munday sherrod.munday at skyangel.com
Sun Mar 23 23:28:28 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 11:13 -0400, Erik Anderson wrote:
> Sherrod was the one who turned me on to that tool, and it is REALLY
> quite handy.

'mysqlcc' still lives on, even though it has officially been superseded
(according to the mysql group) by 'mysqladministrator'.  I found that
newer binary to be not nearly as useful as the prior 'mysqlcc'.

I'm on SuSE 10.2 and found that the mysqlcc-0.9.8-fc5.1 rpm installs
just fine.  Just go do a web search and it will show up.   (And, yes,
you'll go nuts trying to satisfy dependencies on a vanilla RPM for
'mysqlcc' -- I finally gave up and started trying binaries that were
more self-contained.)

I'd side with someone else's recommendation, though:  write another perl
script (or you could actually pull it off with a shell script if you
wanted) to iterate through direct mysql statements to directly populate
the RDCatch database "Events" table.  Tread carefully, though, on any
production system.  Fred's warning is 100% correct.

It sounds like you (Michael) finally found an easy guide (in the backup
files), but you could still check out the 'mysqlcc' program anyway...
you might like it.

--

Sherrod Munday
Vice President Engineering, IPTV