[RDD] Big ASI card problem

Fred Gleason fredg at blackhawke.net
Sat Aug 30 19:51:06 EDT 2008

On Saturday 30 August 2008 04:33:24 pm des28 wrote:
> I recently formatted and reinstalled a working Rivendell system (after a
> hard drive failure).  The hardware (except for the hard drives) is exactly
> the same as it was.  The software, as far as I can tell, is pretty much how
> I had it. However, I can't get my AudioScience 6544 to show up in Rivendell
> at all and I don't know why!

When you built from source, are you sure that HPI support was included?  You
can tell by looking at the configuration summary displayed after
doing './configure':

*** snip snip ***
configure: "|-----------------------------------------------------|"
configure: "|       *** RIVENDELL CONFIGURATION SUMMARY ***       |"
configure: "|-----------------------------------------------------|"
configure: "| Configured Audio Drivers:                           |"
configure: "|  Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) ... Yes   |"
configure: "|                          AudioScience HPI ... Yes   |"
configure: "|                 JACK Audio Connection Kit ... Yes   |"
configure: "|                                                     |"
configure: "| Optional Components:                                |"
configure: "|                         OggVorbis Support ... Yes   |"
configure: "|           Rivendell PAM pam_rd.so Support ... Yes   |"
*** snip snip ***

If the 'AudioScience HPI' line didn't say 'Yes', then ASI support wasn't built
into Rivendell, and your ASI card won't be detected.

|   Some people call them "cars" or "trucks"; I call them "dimensional    |
|   transmogrifiers" because they change three-dimensional cats into      |
|   two-dimensional ones.                                                 |
|                                         -- F. Frederick Skitty          |