[RDD] RDAirPlay and Shoutcast

Landon Nine landon9 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 18:17:29 EDT 2008

> I have wanted to get an audio switcher, but I don't have the money to
> > do so right now.
>
> rdadmin->manage hosts ->switchers/gpio -> new -><select local audio
> adaptor from the list> then set the number of inputs and outputs, give
> them names and then create appropriate macro carts.

How do I set this up?
I want to go from: card 0 port 0 to card 1 port 0. Is there something else I
need to setup first?
I see how to get the card I want. But I don't see how to select the port or
how I will tell it to output to card 1 port 0.

> The switcher is a per caed audio card device placed between the sound
> cards input and output (after the record decks and before the playout
> audio is mixed in).
>
> Description from docs/SWITCHERS.txt
> Driver Name: Local Audio Adapter
>
> Supported RML Commands:
>  Switch Take ('ST')
>  Switch Add ('SA')
>  Switch Remove ('SR')
>  Switch Add with Gain ('SX')
>
> GENERAL NOTES:
> It's possible to use one or more of the actual audio adapters as a
> switcher device using this driver.  Doing so makes it possible to
> route audio directly from the adapter inputs to outputs, while at the
> same time using it for audio capture/playout in the usual manner.
>
> What would the macro command to make the switch look like?
SA 0 1 0!
and then to stop it?
SR 0 1 0!

Is this anywhere near where I need to be?

Thanks
Landon 9