[RDD] RDAirPlay and Shoutcast

Dan Mills dmills at exponent.myzen.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 17:14:41 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-18 at 15:33 -0500, Landon Nine wrote:
>         Or, you could configure a virtual audio switcher in RDAdmin,
>         and then be able
>         to control the routing and levels dynamically with RML.
>
>         Cool destinations, and lots of roads to get there...  :)
>
> Fred,
> How do I configure this virtual audio switcher? I haven't even seen
> anything that looked like I could do something like this. Is this
> going to be able to change inputs on its own from a command in
> airplay?
> I have wanted to get an audio switcher, but I don't have the money to
> do so right now.

rdadmin->manage hosts ->switchers/gpio -> new -><select local audio
adaptor from the list> then set the number of inputs and outputs, give
them names and then create appropriate macro carts.

The switcher is a per caed audio card device placed between the sound
cards input and output (after the record decks and before the playout
audio is mixed in).

Description from docs/SWITCHERS.txt
Driver Name: Local Audio Adapter

Supported RML Commands:
  Switch Take ('ST')
  Switch Add ('SA')
  Switch Remove ('SR')
  Switch Add with Gain ('SX')

GENERAL NOTES:
It's possible to use one or more of the actual audio adapters as a
switcher device using this driver.  Doing so makes it possible to
route audio directly from the adapter inputs to outputs, while at the
same time using it for audio capture/playout in the usual manner.

HTH.

Regards, Dan.