[RDD] List etiquette - Threading

Kevin Miller atftb2 at alaska.net
Thu Aug 14 18:57:09 EDT 2008

Stephen J. McCracken wrote:

> Michael wrote:
> | John, you're beating a dead horse here.  This has been brought up
> | repeatedly on this and other broadcast engineering forums.  I have
> | always been amazed at how a person can be a broadcast engineer or some
> | other technical position that requires lots of smarts, yet they can't
> | figure out how to create a new email message to send to a mailing list.
>
> ... or can't figure out how to not "top-post" <grin>.

I got a chuckle out of that too.  Anymore, if a little lack of email
etiquette is the worst that happens to me, I figure I'm way ahead of the
game.

FWIW, adding a "-- " (dash dash space, sans quotes) as the first line of
your signature will clean up a lot of the tail end multiplication
Michael mentioned, as many (but not all, sadly) email clients will
auto-trim that line and anything following it.  If the mailing list
signature had two dashes and a space rather than a long string of
dashes, it wouldn't turn up in replies for an awful lot of us.

Replication signature: -1
Sun came out, rain went away: +1

Hmmm.  Looks like I break even today. <g>

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska