[RDD] RDAirPlay and Shoutcast

Fred Gleason fredg at blackhawke.net
Thu Aug 14 14:26:15 EDT 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008 02:15:51 pm Cowboy wrote:
> I'm not certain that tee won't do it, though I haven't tried.

The data path for the audio playout doesn't utilize a file descriptor (at
least, not in a way that it'd be accessible to the user), so there'd be no
place to hook a pipe to it.  Hence, tee(1) wouldn't be of much use...  :(

It is precisely this sort of usage scenario that JACK was designed to address.

|  I love deadlines.  I especially like the whoosing sound they make as   |
|  they go flying by.                                                     |
|                                        -- Douglas Adams                 |