[RDD] MP3 Data reader

[HR] Markus Mahner markus.mahner at hurricane-rock.de
Wed Aug 13 19:31:21 EDT 2008

Am 13.08.2008 um 16:51 schrieb Michael:

> I want to look at the meta data in some mp3 files from the command
> line.
> I believe the data rate, sampling, etc. is encoded into the file.  I'd
> like to read it to compare the properties of some files.
>
> Any suggestions on a quick easy tool to do that?

I use eyeD3 for stuff like this:

hurricane at hredit1:~$ eyeD3 -v Dire\ Straits\ -\ Private\
Investigation.mp3

Dire Straits - Private Investigation.mp3	[ 8.12 MB ]
Time: 5:54	MPEG1, Layer III	[ 192 kb/s @ 44100 Hz - Stereo ]
ID3 v2.2:
title: Private Investigation		artist: Dire Straits
album: Sultans Of Swing [Disc 1] [Special Edition]		year: 1998
track: 5/16		genre: Rock (id 17)
ID3 Frames:
<Title/songname/content description (TIT2): Private Investigation>
<Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s) (TPE1): Dire Straits>
<Composer (TCOM): Mark Knopfler>
<Album/Movie/Show title (TALB): Sultans Of Swing [Disc 1] [Special
Edition]>
<Track number/Position in set (TRCK): 5/16>
<Part of a set (TPOS): 1/2>
<Year (TYER): 1998>
<Content type (TCON): (17)>

regards,