[RDD] Real time Kernel

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Tue Aug 12 11:58:14 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 12 August 2008 11:26, Tim Camp wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Recently we moved from ubuntu to OpenSuse 11 and everything is working
> fine except I am getting a occasional stutter in the audio from
> rdairplay. This happened before with ubuntu until I put in a real time
> kernel.
>
> Here is the question, I have installed the real time kernel from Suse
> but, I need to tune it for jack and alsa.
>
> There used to be instructions on doing this on the wiki, which I used
> before, but now they are gone.
>
> Can anyone give me some pointers on tuning up the Suse real time kernel
> for rivendell operation?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this.

Tim,

I seem to remember reading on list before that a real time kernel would not be
necessary for proper rivendell operations. I could be mistaken though and am
interested to see what responses this post generates. Whatever the outcome, I
think we might want to make this answer permanent on the wiki.

Have you made any now and next progress?

> Tim Camp
> Director of Operations/Programming
> Chief Engineer
> WZEW-FM WNSP-FM