[RDD] Real time Kernel

Tim Camp timc at wnsp.com
Tue Aug 12 11:26:07 EDT 2008

Greetings,

Recently we moved from ubuntu to OpenSuse 11 and everything is working
fine except I am getting a occasional stutter in the audio from
rdairplay. This happened before with ubuntu until I put in a real time
kernel.

Here is the question, I have installed the real time kernel from Suse
but, I need to tune it for jack and alsa.

There used to be instructions on doing this on the wiki, which I used
before, but now they are gone.

Can anyone give me some pointers on tuning up the Suse real time kernel
for rivendell operation?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this.

Tim Camp
Director of Operations/Programming
Chief Engineer
WZEW-FM WNSP-FM