[RDD] Listen to remote audio over ssh

Michael mbarnes at srnradio.com
Tue Aug 12 11:10:48 EDT 2008

Every now and then I need to check a remote audio file.  I can ssh into
a Rivendell server, and I can see the .wav files in /var/snd.  I can ssh
-X.  I cannot mount the remote drive.  All I want to do is to be able to
listen to a file on my local PC speaker.  No editing, no scheduling, no
lists, nothing fancy.  Just listen to the file.  And I don't
particularly want to download the file to the local machine.

I tried using rdlibrary and it comes up on my machine OK, but I cannot
hear the audio locally.  I also have to be able to do this on
non-Rivendell machines, so even running rdlibrary won't really serve the
purpose.

Any ideas?  Preferably quick and easy?

Thanks,
Michael