[RDD] Remote MySQL Server

Dan Mills dmills at exponent.myzen.co.uk
Fri Aug 8 19:29:58 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-08 at 21:36 +0200, [HR] Markus Mahner wrote:

> - RDAdmin asks me for the MySQL root account and password, then
> creates the rduser and the Rivendell database (without the schema) on
> the remote Server
> - then it quits with an "Unable to connect to database" message
>
> Ok, so I logged on to the remote DB server and allowed rduser to
> connect from any host (%) and granted permissions.
>
> Remote connect on the command line (mysql -h remote_server -u rduser -
> p) works just fine. But when I run RDAdmin, it just freezes and does
> nothing... especially the tables are not created.
>
> Any ideas, anybody?

Delete the empty Rivendell DB AND the rduser from the remote database
you are attempting to create then try again.

There is a bug in the db creation code in that if rduser is present then
db creation will not work.

I am holding off fixing it due to the freeze until we get 1.0-final out
the door.

Regards, Dan.