[RDD] Batch editing of newly imported mp3s into a newly set up RD database

Marcin Marzec mm at rebelia.pl
Tue Aug 5 05:58:17 EDT 2008

> Is there a way I can navigate through the music in the RD library to
> add segue markers to the newly imported tunes.

Rivendell  is powered by MySQL, so there is no easier way like writing
a script  which   transports   metadata  from  your  previous  system.
I've  converted  existing database this way. Rewriting cue points from
old  system to fresh imported song in Rivendell database took me about
10 minutes (for 2000 files).

I  don't  know  what system you've used before - but check twice if it
uses   BWF   format   -  if  so, markers can be automatically imported
along with audio into RD database.

djc