[RDD] OT - Spread Spectum point-to-point as STL

Greg Cunningham greg at crafty.homelinux.net
Sun Aug 3 09:42:20 EDT 2008

Has anybody used a 11Mbps spread spectrum point-to-point as a STL
successfully?  The little NW Tasmanian community station I support has
always used 6km of unloaded Telstra cable but they are about to pull the
service.

I have access to a set of surplus Tsunami 5GHz radios.  I think they are
11Mbps half duplex.  I am toying with the idea of running a sound card
at each end - - would like to use the Elektor Internet Radio:

http://www.elektor.com/magazines/2008/april/elektor-internet-radio-(eir).399000.lynkx

... but the exchange rate is the wrong way around.
Experiences? pitfalls anybody?
--
Greg Cunningham <greg at crafty.homelinux.net>