[RDD] transitions

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Sep 17 12:02:21 EDT 2007

On Monday 17 September 2007 11:56, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> My assumption would be that a segue should start at the *shorter* of
> the two times (ending cart fade-out, starting cart fade-in) away from
> the end of the ending cart -- this handles the avoidance of train
> wrecks with songs that have hard endings... no?

If I'm understanding your terminology correctly (which perhaps I'm not -- feel
free to clarify!), the two parameters are by definition the same --i.e. the
segue marker defines the start of the fade out *and* the start of the
following event.

|    Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's     |
|    supposed to do.                                                      |
|                                         -- Robert A. Heinlein           |