[RDD] RDCatch Idle Vs Offline

Erik Anderson subscribed at hardwaremonkey.com
Fri Nov 30 16:00:10 EST 2007

Let me preface this: this question may actually be irrelevant once Dan's
DB connection fix is rolled out.

I had a strange observation earlier today. While I did not have a
message about a lost connection to host, RDCatch was showing a different
status for each of the recording decks. Instead of "idle" during a time
of no activity, it said something like "offline" or "disconnected."
Sorry, I do not recall what it actually said. /etc/init.d/rivendell
status indicated everything was happy. A restart did not change anything.

What are the possible status values, and what do they mean? If something
is offline, what needs to happen to make it be online again?

Thanks!!