[RDD] rdadmin seg faults

John Brier johnbrier at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 18:47:01 EST 2007

Another user that is having trouble getting it all working.. ;-) I
installed from cvs today on Fedora 8. That took some time itself but I
got it.

# rdadmin -d
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of
the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
Segmentation fault

# caed -d
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of
the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
ALSA lib pcm.c:2145:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM rd0
ALSA lib pcm.c:2145:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM rd0
JACK tmpdir identified as [/dev/shm]
Segmentation fault

Now it takes about 20 seconds or more to seg fault and you can tell by
looking at top that it is operating on mysql. It creates the rivendell
database.. but I never see that it has any tables.. though there are
lots of "Questions" according to mysql > status

Threads: 2  Questions: 3807354  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 23  Flush
tables: 1  Open tables: 17  Queries per second avg: 41.729
mysql> show tables from rivendell;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

rd.conf:
http://pastebin.ca/781682

I Initially created a mysql user for rivendell using this:
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON rivendell.* TO 'rduser'@'localhost'
IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;

I used useradd to make a rivendell user and passwd to set the password.
One mistake I think I made was the first application I ran was
/etc/init.d/rivendell BEFORE i ever ran rdadmin.. succesfully anway. I
ran rdadmin before but didn't have qt-MySQL installed yet so I had to
install that so it could access my mysql server.

One thing of interest is if I change the [mySQL] entries in rd.conf to
a user/pass that is wrong it will prompt me for an administrator
account on mysql but I can enter the correct information "root" even
and it does not authenticate.

One more thing unrelated.. checking out from CVS, in the
appnote0004.pdf there is a typo:

cvs ­d :pserver:cvs at cvs.rivendellaudio.org:/home/cvs/cvsroot login

cvs ­-d :pserver:cvs at cvs.rivendellaudio.org/home/cvs/cvsroot co libradio
cvs ­-d :pserver:cvs at cvs.rivendellaudio.org/home/cvs/cvsroot co librhpi
cvs ­-d :pserver:cvs at cvs.rivendellaudio.org/home/cvs/cvsroot co rivendell

Notice the lack of colons ":" in between the domain name and the
path.. I honestly messed around with this for 30 minutes before I got
it right.. and I still don't know how I did it.. Which way is it?
Maybe I just need some help.. I couldn't figure out the syntax.

John Brier