[RDD] sending serial out - delays

Gavin Stephens gstephens at orcon.net.nz
Sat Nov 17 10:10:05 EST 2007

Hi Bill.

I ended up trying to configure for a Broadcast Tools SS8.2 which I found out
uses a serial port for control under the GPIO configuration a few minutes
ago. I managed to get that info from the Wiki.

I monitored the output from RDAirPlay on a Windows box running hyperterminal
and put a macro cart in the log of "ST 0 4 1!". I found the same timing
problems as with the SO command. So I guess using the serial port either via
a GPIO setup or basic SO command makes no difference to adding to switching
delays.

If I run the macro cart from the sound panel, it still sends the serial
string then and there (basically instantly), but that's not much use if I
can't automate the process without chunks of the next audio cart being heard
before processing the macro cart before it, switching the programme off.

Back to the drawing board.

Gavin.