{Spam?} Re: [RDD] Generic Audio Cards?

Kevin Miller atftb2 at alaska.net
Thu Nov 8 11:15:36 EST 2007

Gavin Stephens wrote:
> This is an old message from August but it sparked my interest about
> configuring Rivendell for .wav rather than .mp3 use. Is there a tweak
> for those using uncomrpessed .wav's with Rivendell and generic audio
> cards, or was this message about something else to do with compressed
> acm type wav's etc...

By default RD uses .wav files.  In order to use .mp3 files you need to
have an Audioscience card.

On gotcha that has bitten folks in the past is they would see the .mp3
option and select it, even if they don't have an ASI card.  When you do
that, everything appears to be running, but you have no sound.  So, what
I was telling the OP was that if they have a generic card, to make sure
they're using .wav files, not .mp3 in the config.

Uncompressed .wav files are the default - you shouldn't have to do
anything to use them...

...Kevin
--
Kevin Miller