[RDD] Sorry slightly off-topic

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Nov 3 12:20:23 EDT 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 09:15:40PM +1300, Gavin Stephens wrote:
> > mysqldump -u username -p databasename >> somefile.sql
> >
> > and to put it all back:
> > cat somefile.sql | mysql -u username -p databasename
> >
> > Did this just the other day when moving from 10.3alpha to 10.3 and it
> > worked great.
>
> I might reload 10.2, replace the rivendell sql database folder and try and
> export it more correctly.
>
> Either that or I'll just re-enter the cart information and make sure I don't
> downgrade sql versions next time.
>
> Sounds like I have a lot to learn to do a backup of all my cart information.
> Doesn't sound like an easy single click to export job. I'm still getting my
> head around using Linux but it's fun and learning heaps on what not to do
> ;o)

In fact, no, you *can* make it a single click.  Just put that backup
command he notes in an executable shellscript file, and put a Link To
Application on your desktop pointing to it.

In other worse: yes, you still have a alot to learn about Linux, but
it's not the stuff you think it is.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra