[RDD] Music Scheduler

Bill Smith hbco2 at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 24 12:04:59 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Barnes" <mbarnes at srnradio.com>

> Bill, great job in locating and fixing your problem.
>
> As this list is intended for the sharing of information, would you mind
> posting what error or cause you found for the problem and how you fixed
> it?  It may help someone with a similar problem down the line.
>
> We all make mistakes.  Perhaps it was only a typo somewhere, or a
> configuration issue.  Regardless, I don't know of any mistakes or
> problems that are a one time deal.  If it happened to you, it will most
> certainly happen to someone else down the line.

It was my mistake.  I had failed to look carefully at the date when
attempting to generate a log in RDLogManager.  The invalid date didn't have
any hours scheduled in Grids, and no log entries were generated except for
the chain entry.

It is not necessary to have Scheduler Codes set up in order to generate
logs, although they are a flexible way to affect sequences.

Bill

> Personally, I find it most frustrating to do a web search on a
> particular issue and find dozens of similar questions and no answers.
>
> Thanks for your help being part of the Rivendell Team.
>
> Michael
>

> Bill Smith told me on 05/23/2007 11:27 PM:
> > Please disregard.  Have the scheduler working.
> >
> > Bill

Rivendell