[RDD] Confusticate and bebother this distortion

Cowboy curt at gwis.com
Fri May 18 23:32:37 EDT 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007 05:55 pm, Rob Landry wrote:

> Steps I'm considering include: swapping the sound card with an identical
> one in my home computer, upgrading to the latest Rivendell .rpms, and
> setting the system up to use Jack instead of ALSA.

 It seems to me that adding JACK will simply add another layer to further
 confuse the issue, but I could be wrong.....

 As a test, I might try it, but probably not.
 Best case, it obfuscates the cause and simply applies a band-aid.
 Worst case, it buries the cause under yet more unnecessary complication.

 Rather than adding and updating, I'd want to see the machine restored to
 the exact condition when it was known to work, and try that.
 THOSE results would be telling.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

Early to rise, early to bed, makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead.
		-- Terry Pratchett, "The Light Fantastic"