[RDD] That damned distortion is back

Cowboy curt at gwis.com
Thu May 17 23:32:30 EDT 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 06:34 pm, Rob Landry wrote:
> And this time it's on my prototype, which had been on the air for two
> months until just now..
>
> The distortion sounds like automobile ignition noise, a sharp buzz that
> cuts through the audio. Its volume rises and falls with the sound being
> played, and goes away completely during silence.
>
> The Rivendell on the prototype was compiled from cvs back in March;
> however, the same problem occurred last week on one of the other machines
> which is using the current Rivendell .rpms. All the machines are running
> SuSE 10.2 using ALSA and the sound cards are Digigram VX222v2's.
>
> I am running in realtime mode with RealtimePriority=9.
>
> Have any of y'all encountered this problem? If not, what are you doing
> differently than I? Should I be running JACK instead of ALSA?

 Basic troubleshooting asks what changed ?
 Was ANYTHING added, subtracted, modified, between the time it worked, and
 when you first noticed the problem ?

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

I have a hard time being attracted to anyone who can beat me up.
		-- John McGrath, Atlanta sportswriter, on women weightlifters.